Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I'm a big lover of holidays especially Christmas, Halloween and Independence Day. So when Raul and I decided that the best time for us to take our trip to Dominican Republic would cause me to miss the 4th of July, though excited, I was also a little bummed. I love the BBQ's, the lemonade, the fireworks and blasting the oldies station.

So that's exactly what I did. I surprised Raul with a little celebration...on June 16th.

Better early than never, right?
Our "All-American" little menu consisted of Turkey Burgers with Swiss Cheese & Bacon, Potato & Pea Salad w/ Chive Aïoli and Lemonade w/ Basil (<- so good)
Don't mind my dead petunias. I'm convinced the gnome put a curse on them.


Apple Crisp

We got a kick out of it.

Hope your July 4th turns out as lovely as ours did!