Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Raquel & Julia




I went to see Julie & Julia (by myself may I add, which btw, if you haven't gone to a theatre by yourself, do it. its oddly therapeutic. If you're worried about looking like a loser go during the day. That's what I do. Ha.) a couple months ago and I loved it.

Inspired by Julia Child, I decided to make her Boeuf Bourgignon (must be said in a french accent - teehee). It's beef stew with bacon, carrots, pearl onions, mushrooms and red wine. I almost decided to do the same thing Julie did in the movie which was go through the 524 recipes in Julia Child's cookbook, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in 365 days and blog about it (I want to get sued) because hello, I love to cook and I love to blog - but then I realized that that could get really expensive really quickly and threw that idea out the window.

The bourgignon was SO GOOD. Try it! It's not nearly as complicated as the movie makes it seem.

& the leftovers the next day are even mo betta.

Recipe
here.

Bon App├ętit!