Friday, December 18, 2009

On the 8th day





I dreamt of a white Christmas.

I was lucky to spend Christmas in New York City about 5 years ago. I even went to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular show in Radio City on Christmas day. Second row. I mean, they even gave me unlimited popcorn and coke. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), it was fucking magical.

It doesn't feel like Christmas at all here in Miami. Not that it ever really does. Even though I was born here, my first memories of Christmas (amongst other things) go back to New Jersey. Snow, scarves, red noses and ears, waiting inside the house while someone heats up the car, snot running down your nose, chapped lips, frozen toes & hands, cold thighs when you take off your stockings...now THAT'S Christmas, dammit.

& I'd like it back...one day, someday.