Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ornament Exchange




So its obvious I'm a big Christmas geek. I think it's mainly due to the fact that both my parents are really into Christmas season and everything that comes with it.

It was a tradition between my mother and I to decorate our Christmas tree together the day after Thanksgiving and from that day on you could pretty much guarantee that anytime you walked into our house, Christmas music would be playing, there were walnuts and a nutcracker available (I think this is a Tavarez/Jerez specific thing) and twinklie lights galore. It became a joke between friends in our neighborhood and they appropriately named our house "Angela's Enchanted Forest" after my mothers pimp ass light display. Her trees are also known for being pretty extreme and she can easily compete with the Christmas trees displayed in department stores.

I no longer live with my mother but I refuse to put up my Christmas tree without her. It's an unwritten rule that she must be at my house that last Friday of November! & each year she brings me new boxes of ornaments. Completely unnecessary. My tree cannot take anymore ornaments but shes convinced that "it was a little bare last year". She's cute and makes me laugh but no, it most definately was not bare. She actually had to take some back for her own tree because it was seriously ornament overload.

However, that did not stop me from entering in Micaela's ornament exchange. [Enter Christmas Geek.] & although my tree doesn't need anymore ornaments, I loved it! It was basically a Secret Santa type ornament exchange and the person who got me was Kate. She sent me a romantical, handmade ornament which makes it even more special. Thank you so much Kate!

& special thank you to
Micaela for hosting and making my Christmas a little schweeter!

I was
Huai Ann's secret santa and you can head to her blog to see what I chose for her.