Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why I LOVE New York - Reason #563

because I happen to think the most interesting and creative people live there. Perfect example - Katie Sokoler of Color Me Katie. I love seeing the whimsical way she looks at things...

like when she decided that
slush wouldn't look as bad if it were colorful and walked around the city with spray bottles filled with food coloring

or when she taped up "thought bubbles" and took pictures of what people were really thinking about

or when she spread love in the form of pink tape throughout her Brooklyn neighborhood

& my personal favorite, her shadow project


Coming across something like this in Miami would make my year! Especially colorful snow. Ha!

She's also part of Improv Everywhere who are responsible for
Frozen Grand Central, Subway Yearbook and the annual No Pants Subway Ride.

Visit Katie & her cute creations here.