Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Latin Burger







I'm so glad that Miami has finally got on board with the gourmet food truck trend.

I've been following (stalking) Latin Burger on Twitter for months hoping they'd be in my area but bad timing has always caused me to miss them.

Until today that is when I saw they'd be just 15 blocks from my school. I decided to take a little detour and take the long way home.

The hot pink and black truck offers their signature Latin Macho burger, 3 different types of tacos (pulled pork, chicken mole and chicken tomatillo), Plain Jane fries and a variety of dipping sauces.

I went for the Latin Macho burger (chorizo, chuck, sirloin topped with oaxaca cheese, caramelized onions and red pepper mayo) topped with their avocadolicious sauce and the Plain Jane fries.

When I unwrapped my burger I knew I was in for a treat. It was a sloppy mess. Exactly what a burger should be.

Dearest internet, I'm happy to report that my tastebuds are indeed in perfect working order.

Each bite was more flavorful than the last.

It was so good, I wasn't even paying attention to where I was driving. I finally had to pull over and give the burger my undivided attention.


I suggest you go give it your undivided attention as soon as possible.

Latin Burger (amongst others) will be attending the first annual Miami Street Food Fest sometime in Spring. I'm so there!


When I showed up with camera in hand, the owner asked, "Are you a blogger?!". Why, yes, yes I am. I'm so glad that instead of looking like a crazy tourist...I now look like a crazy blogger. Thanks Jim! Everything was delicious and I can't wait to try the tacos.