Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The night the infamous Black Label Burger made me realize my tastebuds are damaged


Thanks to Mikey & friends, we were able to get reservations to Minetta Tavern.

I didn't even have to look at the menu. I knew what I wanted.
Known not only as the best burger in New York City, but as the best meal, is the Black Label Burger (that's right, in CAPS). Expectations were high.

Now, I am in no way a burger connoisseur but I like to challenge anything that has the balls to claim it's the best anything.

The burger was juicy, rich, tender and buttery but in my opinion, it lacked seasoning. Although perfectly cooked, it just didn't have much flavor. Don't get me wrong, it was good...I just don't see myself ever craving it. I think I'm one of the few that wasn't blown away because the burger has had ridiculous reviews. I suggest you try it and decide for yourself.

My slight burger disappointment didn't last long as the company, neighborhood and the bombe glacee au chocolat (say whaaat. amazing!) more than made up for it.

Thanks again Mikey for treating us little ladies (always a gentlemen) and let the Big Famig know I've been practicing my thumb wrestling skills and I'm coming to take his title!


p.s. I also tried BRGR while in NY and Shake Shack is still my #1.