Friday, April 2, 2010

Krispy Kreme Doughnut Burger



When I first heard of the Krispy Kreme burger my first thought was, "EWWWWW! WHAT.THE.FUCK (cursing is necessary). GROSS!!! I NEED TO TRY THAT ASAP!".

I thought I'd either vomit or go into cardiac arrest immediately after the first bite but alas, my curiosity was piqued.


In the days before the big event I eagerly informed anyone who slightly looked my way. "Have you heard of the Krispy Kreme burger? No, of course you haven't. They take fresh beef, top it with cheese and bacon and instead of buns they use two grilled Krispy Kreme doughnuts!".

Blank stares.

WHAT! How is your mind not blown!?

It has 1000 calories! It's breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert in one! C'mon, son!

Then came the blessed day. My tastebuds were tingling with anticipation.

Madelyn and I arrived to the food stand to be confronted with a small crowd of people waiting to see who would be the brave souls to try the burger.

Out of our way, suckers! These two girls laugh in the face of calories.

We decided to share one mainly because we were at the County Fair and we didn't want to limit ourselves when there was still a plethora of disgusting, fried foods to consume.

We were handed the hot little gift wrapped in aluminum foil and stepped to the side to avoid the stares. I took the first bite and awaited my fate...

Five seconds later, after I realized I was still alive, I decided to stop holding my breath and actually taste.the.burger.

Hm, nothing out of the ordinary. The patty had way too much black pepper and oddly enough, the doughnuts kind of just melted into the burger.

Good but not "wow". It was just a...sweet burger.

Sadly, my mind wasn't blown but it's one of those things you'll find yourself craving even though it wasn't all that good. It's that addicting sweet/savory combination.

The county fair is open until April 11th. Step right up, get yer arteries clogged, kids!