Friday, June 4, 2010

Babbo Ristorante e Enoteca

Grilled Octopus w/ Spicy Limoncello Vinaigrette

Goat Cheese Tortelloni w/ Dried Orange and Wild Fennel Pollen

Rabbit w/ Peas, Pancetta and Carrot Vinaigrette

Grilled Lamb Chops w/ Sunchokes, Grilled Onions and Lemon Yogurt


Babbo was by far the best meal I've had in New York. I've never cared much for Mario Batali or his shows but after eating at Lupa last summer and Babbo last week, I've converted. Pass me the orange crocs and prosciutto!

I had the goat cheese tortelloni which was creamy perfection and the rabbit which had bold, rich flavor. It did taste like chicken. Really, really good chicken. I was swaying in my seat from food coma happiness...or the blood orange cosmo I had.

The service was impeccable. Waiters were by your side just the second before you needed them. I'm convinced Babbo's hired a bunch of mind readers.

Oh, and they played a Nirvana cover band throughout dinner. Duuuuuude.