Thursday, June 17, 2010

gastroPod


Sloppy Jose
beef brisket w/ tangy espresso sauce

Slider
short rib burger on potato bun w/ stupid slaw


Finally made it to gastroPod which was hanging out in "Midtown". I gotta say, I was not impressed.

I had the sloppy jose which was tender but didn't have a lot of flavor. In fact, I didn't taste any hint of espresso in there and doubt there was any.

The slider was incredibly small and yes, I know that's what a slider is but then don't charge $9 for it. Especially if you're a food truck. Gourmet or not. I thought, "Well, it's made of short rib. Maybe it's really stinkin' good and worth the money." I only took one bite but again was unimpressed and the meat was pretty raw.

Overall, unsatisfying. I'd be willing to try it again but I wouldn't go out of my way to find it.

Don't take my word for it though. They were just awarded Best Food Truck in Miami by the New Times. Check it out yourself and let me know what you think.