Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Georgetown Cupcakes






[deeerh, look at mah cupcakes]


Georgetown Cupcake is apparently, a really big deal. I saw the bakery and thought "Hooray!", turned the corner and said "Holy shit, you've got to be kidding me".

There was a HUGE line. Like 70 people deep huge. But I love lines. I love hype. I especially love when places live up to the hype so I stood in line right with the hoard of losers.

It took 45 minutes to get inside the bakery. I ordered a strawberry, milk chocolate birthday, chocolate ganache and a lemon blossom. The strawberry and lemon were my favorite simply because most cupcake bakeries don't offer these flavors (What's up with that?! So sick of red velvet!).

If I weren't so loyal to my beloved Buttercream, I'd say these were some of the best cupcakes I've had..but they weren't. Although, they were by a long shot, the prettiest.

Never too pretty to destroy!

Two favorite things about Georgetown Cupcakes is 1) fresh flowers on the tables and 2) fondant is used as decoration instead of those annoying, hard sprinkles.