Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fatty Crab





My weekend in NY went by way too quickly. I usually manage to get a lot done in the short amount of time I'm there but this trip I feel like all I did was...walk. In very uncomfortable shoes, of course.

Saturday night, I put on my leather shorts and studded heel boots and what else, walked to the Village for dinner with Noelia (Raul's sister - she moved to NY in August) and her friend, Chantal.

I suggested Fatty Crab after Noelia said "I want to try some weird shit".

Well, I got the shit part right.

Everything was spicy. Nothing was yum.

"What is this massive cucumber doing on my slider? I hate cucumbers."

"So do I."

"So do I."

"This chili crab is good but too much work."

& it was $50. Really? Does that include a cab ride home?!

No. So we walked to a nearby diner for apple pie and brownie sundaes to fill the void Fatty Crab left in our guts.

& then I walked to the 14th street station.

& then I walked uphill, uphill, uphill to 130th & St. Nich where I consoled my soul and soles with leftover Magnolia's banana pudding.

Crappy meals make me crabby. A second dessert was necessary.