Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Happenings (or lack thereof)

Mise en place for braised short ribs with celery root puree and pearl onions.
I'm about $30K deep in student loans so allow me to use obnoxious terms such as "mise en place". By the way, celery, carrots & onions = mirepoix. I just saved you about $400.

Dulce de leche, chocolate banana and vanilla pumpkin from Buttercream Cupcakes.

Amy was down here this weekend and requested a simple breakfast.

I thought it was about that time to re watch the entire series. I do this every once in a while for uhh, perspective or something like that.

My breakfast obsession. Whole wheat waffles with fresh fruit. So quick I can make it on my 530am days without hating life.



I haven't been able to sleep well lately. That's not news to anyone but on more than one occasion, I've gone to school without so much as a "wink" of sleep. As soon as I lay my head down I just KNOW sleep isn't going to happen so I just get up and wait. I blame it on my unorganized mind. In order to clear my head, I decided to put myself on house arrest this weekend.

& aside from a quick trip to Kinko's and Bebe, I actually stuck to my plan. Having a fully stocked refrigerator helped, I'm sure.

I managed to get a ton of stuff done around the house and took some time to relax. It was exactly what I needed and I'm feeling a bit more caught up so hopefully my brain will shut the hell up and let me get some sleep this week.