Sunday, November 7, 2010

That weekend it was cool enough to sleep with the windows open and my apartment smelled like butterscotch.




I had nothing sweet at home so I decided to make Momofuku's addicting
Crack Pie to keep me from my new bad habit of hitting up McDonald's for a strawberry milkshake. Although, with the crazy amount of butter and sugar in this pie, I'm certain I would have been better off doing just that.

I used
this recipe. You pretty much take every fat you have in your refrigerator and pantry and mix it together with 20 pounds of sugar. One thing I'd do differently is to place the oat cookie in a food processor instead of crumbling it up yourself. The crust is less likely to burn and just looks prettier.

Warning: You will find yourself sneaking into your refrigerator for "just one more slice".