Wednesday, December 1, 2010

American Noodle Bar



fried cheeseburger dumplings

pork shoulder noodle bowl w/ deep fried egg & bacon sauce

pork shoulder noodle bowl w/ brown sugar soy sauce



"My mother says it’s expensive hanging out with me.

I don’t think that’s true. I mean, my favorite days entail doing nothing, saying nothing and spending nothing.

But in the rare instance that I’m forced to put on undergarments, get on the subway and contribute to society, you better believe I want a decent cup of coffee and a pretzel croissant from City Bakery.

Maybe that’s what she means.

If I walk out the door, I won’t likely skimp
."

I can relate. Except replace the subway with a beat up civic and pretzel croissants from City Bakery with french macarons from Le Boudoir.

I think most of my friends' wallets quiver in fear when I say "Let's eat!".

American Noodle Bar was a huge relief.

$7 gets you a hefty bowl of noodles with one sauce and one "add on" (meat/veggies). The combinations are endless. They also offer some inventive appetizers and bahn mi! BAHN MI in my Miami?! GTFO.

I've been dying to try bahn mi since watching that food truck race on Food Network.

ANB is on Biscayne & 68th next to a whore house.