Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I simply remember my favorite things...

These are just some random things I've been continuously reaching for in the past month.

  • Advanced Relief Visine - Since it's been nippy down here in the Floridas and my apartment immediately reaches whatever temperature it is outside, I've had to keep my heater on. It's dried the crap out of my eyes. Visine is temporary relief. As is punching myself in the eyes repeatedly.
  • Toasted Pine Nut Couscous - I'm a lazy cook for myself. This takes 10 minutes and while I wait, I throw a chicken breast in the oven and chop up some avocados. Boom. Delicious and nutritious. Can be found in the rice aisle of your supermarket. Stupid cheap, too.
  • Organix Instant Hair Repair Treatment - since I got Keratin a few months ago, I've only been using this brand as it is sulfate free buuuut, the conditioner sucks huge balls and leaves my hair a little coarser than I'd like. I came across this in Target. I've only used it twice but it's helped tons.
  • MAC Pro Longwear Foundation w/ SPF 10 - love, love, looooove. You can put it on at 6am and it will look exactly the same when you go wash it off at 10pm. However, because of the SPF, it does not photograph well. Solution = MAC Studio Tech.

  • NARS Laguna Bronzer - Yes, I've been living under a rock. A rock called "I went to Vegas like 4 years ago and bought this huge container of bronzer at MAC and even though I use it, it remains full and reminds me of Vegas so I refused to buy another even though I hated it." Yeah.
  • Nivea A Kiss of Moisture - Leaves your lips soooo smooth and doesn't taste like fake cherries. & is not as sticky as rosebud salve.
  • MAC Lipstick in Hang-Up - I've been dying for a dark, wine red lipstick. I usually have to buy 3 wrong colors before ending up with one I actually like but I got this on the first try!
  • Yoplait Smoothie Mix - Frozen assortment of fruit with little yogurt balls. I keep this in my freezer at all times. It helps when I get my sugar rushes.