Thursday, May 5, 2011

Skinnygirl Margarita Cupcakes

Photobucket
Photobucket

I figured since I wasn't going to partake in the tradition of getting wasted this Cinco de Mayo, I'd give myself a treat. A Skinnygirl Margarita cupcake is a bit of an oxymoron as the only thing skinny about this is the alcohol in it but I almost convinced myself these were guilt-free...had it not been for that damn buttercream.

I was hoping they'd turn out shitty so I wouldn't be tempted to eat more than one but they were (are) really good. Here's the recipe.

Cupcakes:
1 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick room temp. butter
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
zest of one lime
1/4 c milk
6 tbsp Skinnygirl Margarita (if you want a stronger flavor, add a few more tbsp's)

- Preheat oven to 350
- In bowl, combine first 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream butter & sugar until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla & lime zest mix until combined.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients followed by the wet ingredients (milk & Skinnygirl Margarita). Incorporate well after each addition. Continue adding dry and wet mixtures until everything is combined together. Do not over beat the mixture.
- Divide batter into cupcake pan lined with baking cups filling them 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes.

Lime Buttercream:
1 stick room temp. butter
2 c powdered sugar
juice of one lime

- Cream butter & sugar until smooth.
- Add lime juice until combined.
- Add more sugar if necessary.
- Frost those cupcakes and enjoy skinny bitches!