Monday, July 25, 2011

King of the hill. Top of the heap.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We hit up the Meatpacking District Friday night with intentions of lounge/bar hopping. Our first stop was Top of the Standard which boasts gorgeous views of...New Jersey. Okay, New York too but mainly New Jersey. Regardless, it's lavish up there. The crowd is pretty tame but I'm old and I prefer it that way as opposed to having to walk through crowds of people grinding on each other and having drinks spilled on your freshly ironed romper. (Yes, I wore a romper. It was hot.) If the music is on but low enough where you can still hold a conversation, I'm all in.

We bumped into Buddakan on the way to Dream and couldn't resist. I considered the night a success after the edamame dumplings but it became definite when Empire State of Mind was played and although the song is so played out that it's lost most of it's meaning, it caused me to have my first "Holy shit, I live here" moment. I had been waiting for it. Goosebumps, people, goosebumps.