Monday, September 12, 2011
1. Went to the newly opened, famous in Paris, and now famous in NY, pastry shop, Ladurée. It's on 71st & Madison and I don't care what anyone says, I loooove the upper east side. So clean! The caramel with salted butter & green apple were my favorites. The citrus and blackcurrant & violet were not.
2. My headboard adorned with my (F21 & J Crew) jewels. I don't remember where I got this strange idea. I want to say it was from Lauren Conrad. Random.
3. Echo @ Madison Square Park. Kind of looks like a hologram when you move. It seems like it's breathing...or maybe it was me.
4. Burgers for dinner because we were hungry and because my cute friend Melissa now lives in New York! Hurray!
5. Friends who stroll down Saint Nicholas and decide to buzz us just to say hi. Very cute.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
I'm back from Miami & I had the best time. It was the perfect mix of home/vacation. I slept, I shopped, I ate and I got a (much needed) massage - all while spending time with my people.
On Saturday, my people and I went to Mr. Chow to celebrate my saggy behind turning 28 (sad). 30 is the new 20?
Mr. Chow...meh. I wouldn't go back...unless you're paying, then yes, definitely. & I would get the prawns with walnuts and the fiery beef.
But if I were paying? We'd go to Zuma. & I'd feed you some delicious bass.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
On Tuesday. & I celebrated by getting off work early, taking my Department of Health Food Protection test (& passing, woop), coming home to a room decked out in birthday decorations (and cupcakes) by Amy and a very late dinner at ABC Kitchen. I obviously don't know many people here so I was expecting to have a normal, quiet day but everyone was really sweet at work and I was surprised with a bouquet of flowers and chocolate. At the end, it's those little, unexpected surprises and all the love you get on your birthday that make it special. This weekend...Miami!